Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Where are my pianists out there?!?!

So, I mentioned somewhere in my earlier posts that I'm very passionate about being a pianist! Granted, I haven't been taking lessons and taking a professional's tips and advice for quite a while, but I believe that if you have it in you and if you practice for a considerable amount of time, anyone is capable of playing a song of any caliber, no matter how intricate the piece! Some finger dexterity practicing is needed too though, of course :)

I find that playing music takes me away to a place where nothing else matters and it is just me, the melody, and the notes harmoniously flowing together. I've recently started playing some classical music again, Chopin, to be exact. For those of you who aren't familiar with the composer, he was greatly known for composing beautiful waltzes and nocturnes, and was dubbed as "the poet of the piano". Understandably enough, I had no interest in classical music when taking lessons as a child, and I would've much rather skipped practicing all together! Somehow classical music found its way back to me, and I really don't remember how, but I spontaneously decided to flip open one of my old Chopin books. I'm currently working to perfect Valse Op. 64 No.1, also known as the Minute Waltz! Here's a beautiful interpretation from Youtube that I particularly enjoyed listening to:
Close your eyes while listening, now can you imagine an image of a puppy happily chasing around his own tail? Apparently Chopin had been watching just that, and it lead him to compose this beautiful piece!
So if you are interested at all in listening/watching my interpretation of the Valse, stay tuned VERY SOON, and I will be more than happy to share my version :) I'm currently trying to the best of my ability to perfect this waltz haha.

P.S. I would like to share with you all, my OOTD!


I didn't want to pass up the perfect opportunity to check out some sights on top of my roof, so I took a little trip there after work today :) Enjoy!

xoxo,
Valerie

1 comment:

  1. Excellent shirt & outfit. Keep it up beaut!

    ReplyDelete