First, let me start off my introducing myself to you so you can get to know me a little bit better. Some of you may have known me for years, while others may have happened to come across my blog today. I invite everyone to come together and to revel in reading blogs for what ever reason there might be. I believe that in the age of technology, one can reveal so much of themselves to another, so why not pass on some of that insight that I have of our world to you guys? Everyone sees and understands the world so much differently than the next person, but I think we can all agree on one thing, carpe diem. I live my life to the fullest, and I would like to share with you on my blog, the most quintessential of my being, somewhere in brooklyn.
My blog name was inspired by Bruno Mars' song, Somewhere in Brooklyn, if you hadn't caught on already :) I'll share the video link below:
A little about myself:
- I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY, which explains my choice of a blog name
- My favorite color is burgundy
- I enjoy photography on my spare time, but I misplaced my charger to my SLR while I was moving back in (I just like to believe my charger is hiding from me very well), so though I would LOVE to share some new pictures, that would have to wait until I purchase a new charger
- I love music, and playing the piano puts me into a place where I'm one with my music. I've been playing ever since I was 5 years old, and though I've struggled with my love/hate relationship with the piano when I was younger, I've learned to embrace the beauty of music throughout the years only after I was forced to quit my lessons due to my lack of practicing. Ironic, isn't it?
- I will walk the world endlessly fighting monsters along the way in search of chocolate if all the world's supply was chocolate was depleted. I just love chocolate THAT much.
- If I'd lost my sense of smell and taste, I think I would just be the most distressed and miserable girl in the entire world. I love food, and I don't mean just scarfing down food. I love indulging and engaging my senses in what I'm eating...especially chocolate.
- I love spicy food and tea, specifically chai tea, but that could just be the Malaysian in me talking.
- Experiencing the way different ethnic cultures around the world live is so enlightening, and by traveling, one is able to have a glimpse into just how people live their daily lives on the other side of the globe. For that, I truly thank my parents for taking our family across the globe every summer to broaden our horizons.
- Fashion is my passion, and sometimes it's hard for my wallet to keep up with my spending with all those ideas of what I want in my wardrobe!
That is all I will leave you all with! I hope I have interested you with my first blog post. Please forgive me if it is not up to par with what you are used to, after all I'm still a newbie :)
|I urge you to try a cup of chai tea if you haven't already. I promise it's amazing :)|